Timing will be provided by Timing Plus New England. There will be a chip pick up table on Sunday morning. You must return your chip or you will be charged $40.
Registration: On line registration closes on Thursday 11:59 pm.
Parking: Across the street from the Westerly Town Beach / Transition Area. Please comply with posted parking signs and volunteers instructions. Parking is free.
Check-in: Race Day Check-in is from 7:15-8:00am. You will need to get your Race Bag, pick up your chip, have your body marked and rack your bike in the transition area.
Restrooms will be available for race participants and their guests.
Results: Will be posted on Timingplusne.com
Bike support on Race Day: Brumble Bikes, Westerly RI
**All competitors must gather on the beach at 8:20 for important pre-race announcements**
Race begins at 8:30 sharp with 5 minutes between waves if applicable.
Wave 1: Males 39 and under and ALL DUATHLON Participants
Wave 2: Males 40 and over
Wave 3: Females and Teams
One wave: Race Director and Timer reserve the right to opt for one or two waves or more than three due to the size of the field.
**Bike and Run Courses are open to traffic, please use caution at all times.
If you drop out of race at any time please report to a Race Official so Timer can be notified
(1/2 mile course: out, across following the buoys and with the current and then back to beach)
- Beach start, wet suits are permitted and encouraged
- Bright colored swim caps are provided and required, no substitutions please.
- If you are an inexperienced open water swimmer or new to triathlons it is advisable to line up off to the side or to the back of the wave
- If you would like to be recognized by the lifeguards/aquatic staff as an inexperienced swimmer, please let the race director know in advance
- Swim course is subject to change to best serve the athletes
(14 mile two loop course for both triathlon and duathlon)
- Helmets must be worn with chinstrap securely fastened prior to mounting your bike and until you have dismounted.
- No pacing out on course and no support crews allowed in transition area
- NO DRAFTING! Keep at least three bike lengths between yourself and a cyclist in front of you.
- Keep to the right side of the road at all times. Pass only on the left of a cyclist in front of you.
- Please use care out on the course the roads are open to traffic and pedestrians.
- After the first loop, turn right onto Atlantic Ave. After the second loop turn left on Atlantic Ave. and head back to the transition area.
(3 mile, out-and-back course for both legs of Duathlon and Triathlon)
- Roads are open to traffic
- Water stop out on course as well as one as you exit transition area
- Mile markers are posted
Top 1 M/F in the Triathlon
Top 3 M/F in Triathlon AG
Top 3 M/F in Duathlon AG
AG: 19 & U, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 -69, 70+
Top 3 Relays in the Triathlon
Top 3 Relays in the Duathlon
MANY THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS:
Susan and Gene Renz, DDS